Honky

Dallas and I had quite the adventure tonight. We were on our way home from a car dealership (Dallas is trying to sell his truck) When we see this goose walking in the middle of the road. We nearly hit it. We pulled into a parking lot and Dallas ran into the middle of the road and chased it to the side where it was safe. We figured it was injured because it wasn't flying or anything. I was calling everywhere trying to see if someone could come get this goose and make sure it was safe. Dallas put his coat over it and stuck it in the back of the truck but it jumped out. We didn't want to put it in the backseat for fear of it freaking out...so we sat there for an hour. The goose got used to us and sat down right next to us as we waited for a cop to show up. We thought it was weird that this goose was totally calm with us. It wasn't trying to attack us or anything. Anyway, so the cop arrived and just shined the flashlight on it was just like eh it's fine just let it be. The cop was a jerk. It made me so mad. Well, obviously there wasn't really anything we could do at that point. So, we tried to leave. But the goose followed us to our car! It gets better...we started driving off and the goose started running after our car and then flying RIGHT NEXT TO OUR WINDOW! We were like what the heck?! And it managed to land right in front of our car so we had to stop. We didn't know what to do! The goose didn't want us to leave. But we couldn't do anything cause it already jumped out of the back of our truck so we just tried to leave again. And it started flying after us again but it gave up and I just lost it! I started bawling my eyes out! I feel so so awful. Dallas even named it Honky. I just pray it's safe and didn't get hit. I feel like the worst person in the world. I just thought I'd share this crazy story with y'all. Thanks for listening haha.


1 comment:

The Murdocks said...

Breanna... you have the weirdest experiences! I swear weird stuff just follows you around. But that is a pretty cool story. I wish a goose would chase my car.