So, it turns out there's more

No, not more symptoms. More wrong with me. Isn't that a joyful thing to hear?? Turns out high insulin levels cause high testosterone and estrogen. Oh no wait! It get's better, I'm not ovulating again! My progesterone levels went down so the likelihood of my being pregnant this month is very slim. So those who told me it was too soon for me to have symptoms you were right. Turns out it was because my hormones are once again a BIG GIANT MESS! I'm not done, I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome aka PCOS. I'm going to get a second opinion but I know it will just be the same thing so I don't know if it's worth it. So I have a 90% chance of having endometriosis and I have PCOS. What's PCOS? Click here and you'll find out. It's AWESOME! So they're putting me on a stricter regimen and I need to better my diet and exercise which I'm fine with. It's just who KNOWS how long it's going to take now!!! And, if it doesn't work then clomid. If that doesn't work surgery. If that doesn't work IVF. And IF THAT doesn't work than adoption. I know stuff like this happens to a lot of people but you never think it could happen to you. I always had this hope that I would get pregnant easily and on my own. Not take forever and have to get extra help! I hate that I'm not in complete control of my body right now. It's making me crazy. I did more research and PCOS is manageable if you are on a strict regimen but it's still discouraging. Pam told me not to get discouraged and we'll get this fixed. But it's hard not too when every single month you find out that something new is wrong with you! They work with the top fertility doctor in Utah so they'll send me to him if they need to but for now they're just getting some opinions from him on what to do with me. It's fun. :). I know Dallas doesn't feel this way because we talked about if there was a possibility that I had issues and we couldn't conceive would it change things. We talked about this before we got married and he said no because we would adopt and it would be just as great. But I still don't want to make him miss out on the opportunity to be a father to his own children when he's perfectly healthy and his wife is all messed up! It just breaks my heart. But if this is as manageable as what I've read and based on what Pam said than it make take a few more months or years but it can be possible. I could really use some prayers right now because I broke down when I left. It took all of my power not to break down in the middle of her office. They suspected PCOS from the beginning but I convinced myself I didn't have it but, now they tell me I definitely do and it sucks. But, anyway I just thought I would update everyone. Please pray for us. We could really use it right now.


3 comments:

Dallas and Breanna Reynolds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Things will work out in the long run. You just gotta remember that. And you've got a way good husband. Think about how many women don't have that.

Brittany said...

Someone I know was diagnosed with PCOS and already had a baby and was pregnant with another :) so there's hope for you!!!